Today, April 10th, is the regular scheduled maintenance day for CSCS systems. The following systems/services will be affected, with the expected downtimes as indicated:
* Network : short interruptions of the Infiniband network (impacting /home, /apps/, /store and /project) might be experienced from 10:30 AM to Noon.
* Cooling : due to an intervention on the cooling infrastructure during that day, all CRAY systems (with the exception of Albis/Lema) will be affected from 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
* Slurm: upgrade from version 2.3.4 to version 2.5.4 across the entire centre.
* Front-end system, Ela: 08:00AM – Noon for slurm, scratch filesystems and PrgEnv interventions. BE AWARE: As announced already on March 5th and subsequently on March 25th, we will introduce new external login nodes for Monte Rosa. As a consequence, the role of Ela will change: therefore the CRAY programming environments and Slurm will be removed from the front-end. Also, the /scratch of Monte Rosa, Todi, Rothorn, Eiger, Julier and Pilatus will be unmounted from Ela. As a replacement, the new Monte Rosa (ssh rosa.cscs.ch) and Piz Daint (ssh daint.cscs.ch) login nodes can be used for compilation and job submission. All your compilations and batch scripts should run as before.
* Cray XC30, Piz Daint external login nodes: 08:00AM – Noon slurm upgrade.
* Cray XC30, Piz Daint: 08:00AM – 8:00PM cooling testing, slurm upgrade and software patches.
* Cray XE6/XK7/XMT, Monte Rosa/Todi/Matterhorn: 08:00AM – 5:00PM cooling testing and slurm upgrade.
* Intel SB Cluster, Pilatus: 8:00AM – 4:00PM kernel security patch and power supply interventions.
* Visualization and Post-processing, Eiger/Piz Julier : 08:00AM – Noon slurm upgrade.
* iDataPlex, Castor: 08:00AM – Noon PrgEnv upgrade and low level software interventions.
* SGI Altix UV, Rothorn: 08:00AM – Noon slurm upgrade.
Tags: CSCS scheduled m